Friday, December 19, 2008

The time has come to adopt another cat


My Pepe Francois. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. If anything, memories of you interject during my work day, and of course at home. There's a definite change in your brother and sister. First ,and the most notable difference is the weight gain. You were there target and toy that kept them running and in shape. Also, Mon Cherie and Jean Pierre are not as animated without you. Your liveliness kept them guessing and wondering what antics will the little white cat erupt.

But I know you're there watching, like my guardian angel. I still miss you my baby boy but the time has come for me to find a new pet. Not to replace you. No other cat will possess your spirit. No it's time to introduce a little sister, another cat. A lively female that's as frisky as Jean Pierre for his sexual urges and a little sister for Mon Cherie.
So I visit Pet Supermarket, scan the ads, and the Humane Society for a young, female cat that's already spayed and vaccinated. Ideally her coat would be part white with some orange and maybe another color that sets her apart. But she must love dogs and cats.
Good night my sweet boy. Watch over us and can you ask God to do something about Mon Cherie's thyroid so she loses some weight? I miss her girlish figure otherwise she's too heavy to take shopping. Girls love shopping!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I found your memorial blog via
your posting http://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/jcoates/2011/aug/how_long_do_cats_live-11496

and your initial posting and this memorial made me really emotional.

I completely understand the love you have , had for your cat as my life revolves around my cat.